Examining Adversity Unit Plan
The artifact I have linked below is an extensive 2-week unit plan I created for this course in which I had to think about how to incorporate elements of e-learning. While I worked on this unit plan, I learned a few things along the way. First, there is an abundance of educational websites and programs that lend themselves to every type of content area. Second, by simply spending time to plan where e-learning can work within a unit, student engagement and interest is guaranteed to increase. Third, e-learning also works extremely well when it comes to formative assessments and tracking student progress.
There were elements of e-learning in the unit plan I already use regularly in my classroom, such as Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Classroom, etc. However, this course helped me discover other options for e-learning I now plan to bring into this unit, such as Edpuzzle or using Google Slides for student how-to's, as a means to get students to work more independently on this unit. Overall, it seems like exploring more options for e-learning will pay off, especially for this type of unit.

No comments:
Post a Comment