Artifact #1: Professional Development Workshop Design
I worked really hard on this particular project for the 21st Century Educational Leadership class this semester. This project gave me the opportunity to plan, design, organize, and envision an entire staff development about topic that is important to me--annotating over a virtual platform. With the current status of education and almost everyone working remotely with our students, this was a problem my team and I ran into at the beginning of the year and then found several solutions for. If I am ever given the opportunity at my school to educate others of these awesome websites and programs for annotating, this project provided a wonderful foundation to share the information. This project also gave me insight as far as how complex it can be to plan a full staff development. In order to keep 50+ teachers engaged after a long school day and present information effectively, you really have to think through every aspect of those 60 minutes. It was a great experience to put this professional development plan together.
Artifact #2: Redesigned Learning Spaces Assignment
The second artifact I chose was the Redesign Learning Space assignment because it put into perspective how much it would cost to truly revamp a classroom. I used knowledge I had of my district using some different types of furniture in other buildings and I based my itemized list off of that. If I could use $10,000 to revamp my room, I would focus on two areas: student seating /desks and technology. This assignment allowed me to research how much it would cost to purchase 30 mobile desks, a Chromebook charging station, flexible seating, and a new classroom monitor for my front board. In a way, I was happy to see I could fit all these changes in a $10,000 budget. But on the other hand, this was just itemizing for ONE classroom--can you imagine for an entire school? It costs so much money to try to keep up with the current education climate and a digital world, which is what I took away from this assignment.



No comments:
Post a Comment